POLS will be able to process applications for the Panama Domestic Workers Visa.
Article 15 of the Decree Law provides that a Panamanian national or a Panama temporary or permanent resident that hires a foreigner to labor as a domestic worker will be able to request this Panama Domestic Workers Visa for a term of a (1) year, with 4 extensions, as long as the applicant continues working for the same employer and both comply with the requirements and responsibilities required by the Panama National Service of Immigration.
The Panama Domestic Workers Visa includes maids, gardeners, cooks, chauffers, butlers, and nannys.
This Panama Visa is an excellant opportunity for foreigners relocating to Panama to obtain legal residency in Panama. Any Panamanian national or Panama temporary or permanent resident can sponsor a foreigner as an employee for the Panama Domestic Workers Visa.
The Panamanian national or the Panama temporary or permanent resident applicant is obliged to comply with the dispositions of Article 89 of the Decree Law and those contained in this regulation. Both the foreigner and the employer have the obligation to notify the Panama National Service of Immigration in case of the termination of the employment, which will be grounds for cancellation of the Panama Domestic Workers Visa.
To request the Panama Domestic Workers Visa, the foreigner should comply with the formalities required in Article 28 of the Decree Law, except for numeral 4 and to submit the following documents:
1. Application for Panama Domestic Workers Visa;
2. Three (3) photographs;
3. Copies of the ID document from the country of origin or residence permit;
4. Deposit of Guarantee, from the account of the employer, in favor of the Panama National Service of Immigration for the sum of Five Hundred dollars ($500);
5. Payment for migratory service in the total of One Hundred dollars ($100) in favor of the Panama National Service of Immigration;
6. Copy of public utilities receipt where the location of the residence is evident in which the domestic service will be lent;
7. National Paz y Salvo of incomes of the employer and the foreigner;
8. Proof of affiliation to the CSS of the foreigner and copy of their card (in the case of last date is on file);
9. Letter of responsibility of the employer;
10. Labor contract.;
11. Copy of national ID card or legal residency card of employer;
12. Proof of employer’s economic solvency by providing any one of the following documents:
a. Letter form employer’s place of work showing how much he or she earns;
b. Declaration of income along with respective paz y salvo;
c. Bank card from any Panama bank.
Renewal of the Dostic Workers Visa requires:
1. Application for Renewal of the visa;
2. Payment of $50 to the Panama Service of Immigration;
3. Copy of public utilities receipt where the location of the residence is evident in which the domestic service will be lent;
4. Proof of affiliation to the CSS of the foreigner and copy of their card (in the case of last date is on file);
5. Letter of responsibility of the employer.
For Primary Applicant:
Legal Fee – 2 year Panama Temporary Immigrant Visa: US $2,000
Government Fees and Costs: – To Tesoro Nacional (National Treasury): US $250
- Repatriation Deposit (refundable once permanent visa is approved): US $800
- Other Fees: US $350
Total Government Fees & Repatriation Deposit: US $1,400