Panama immigration processing services requires Panamanian lawyers who are specialists in immigration law.
The Panama immigration attorneys at Panama Offshore Legal Services have extensive experience in processing all types of Panama residency visas. Our immigration lawyers have processed over 500 Panama resident visas for foreigners seeking residency in Panama. Our licensed lawyers have established a strong presence in the legal industry of Panama, with over 20 years of Panama immigration law experience. As a Panama law firm that specializes in immigration, we can provide legal solutions for all Panama residency programs and Panama visas available. Upon request, we can provide multiple references of clients that have used our Panama immigration services with success.
Through special Panama laws, foreigners are able to obtain permits for temporary or permanent residency in Panama, Panama work permits, and in some cases, Panama citizenship and / or Panama passports. Most of these Panama immigration laws have been created to promote foreign investment in Panama which benefits the local environment and/or local economy.
Many international investors and companies find excellent opportunities for Panama investments in reforestation, manufacturing plants, assembly plants, distribution facilities for import/export, software creation facilities, call centers, and a variety of other business activities. Many times, investors find that a Panamanian residency visa is just an “extra benefit” to the Panama investments that they are making. The fact that there are different Panama immigration visas and Panama residency programs suited for investors is an incentive for relocating to Panama and obtaining Panama citizenship and a Panamanian passport. Relocating to Panama and getting Panama legal residency can be easier by using our experienced Panama immigration lawyers.
Below we have listed several of the Panama residency visas as well as other Panama visas such as work visas in Panama. Some of these Panama immigration visa programs offer Panama temporary residency permits, or Panama permanent residency permits, some offer Panama citizenship, and Panama passports and others may not. Some of these Panama immigration programs only offer Panama temporary resident visas, or Panama work permits. We encourage you to contact us for a free personal consultation to determine which type of resident visa will best fit your needs.
Obtaining a second residency in Panama is useful for those who wish to:
- Have a second home in Panama, a tropical country where one can peacefully live in Panama, or visit Panama on a part-time basis.
- Have a “safe haven” in Panama to escape to in the event of war or any type of political or civil unrest that may threaten ones’ family.
- Actually live in Panama permanently, perhaps after retirement and obtain a Panamanian residency visa.
- Relocating to Panama to a tropical, stable, safe country where it is very economical to live in comparison with most other developed countries such as the US, Canada, Europe, etc.
- Relocate to a more “tax friendly” country where foreign earned income, foreign earned capital gains, and bank interest income are not taxed nor need to be declared.
- Relocate to a country where frivolous lawsuits are not recognized by the courts, and one can protect their assets through a corporate structure, without the risks of “piercing the corporate veil”.
- Relocate to a country where one can do business operations economically, and without heavy restrictions, regulations, or taxes that hinder the growth of the business.
- Relocate to a country where real estate is still affordable for purchasing homes in the city or land at the beaches, mountains, lakes, etc.
- Relocating to Panama and purchasing a second residence in Panama or taking advantage of the Panama immigration programs, Panama resident visas, and choosing Panama citizenship with a Panamanian passport if you wish.
Panama Immigration Statistics
According to the National Immigration Directory:
- The last census in the year 2000, showed a total of 82,097 foreigners legally residing in Panama.
- Between January 2002 and April 2005, a total of 1,118 retiring foreigners (pensionado visas) immigrated to Panama. The trend accelerated rapidly, showing a 29% increase in 2003 over 2002, and 99% increase in 2004 over 2003. 2005 showed a 400% increase.
- In 2005 there were 2500 new resident visas issued. The largest group was US nationals, making up 67% of the total.
- From 2004 to 2007 there were a total of 31,356 resident visas issued to foreigners relocating to Panama.
- Statistics of the Immigration Department indicate that in the period of 2008, there was a total of 14,739 resident visas issued, coming from 96 countries, among them, 4,149 from Colombians and 2,113 Americans. (Panama America).
Click Here to view a list of all of the countries that holders of Panamanian passports may travel to Visa Free.
Click here to view all the Panamanian Consulates in the World.
Click here to read about Authenticating Documents by Apostille
Click here to read about Authenticating Documents by the Panamanian Consulate