There are many reasons you should choose Panama for offshore investment, but for each person, these reasons may differ a bit. It’s all about finding the right fit for your money, and the right climate to invest in. Luckily, Panama is ripe for offshore investment these days, making the choice easier, and of course, more profitable. Panama has one of the fastest growing economies in all of Latin America, and has lots of benefits to offer the offshore investor.
Here are 5 reasons that we think should push Panama to the top of your offshore investment list:
- Stable Currency; Low Inflation. One of the biggest issues with investing offshore in Latin America is the value fluctuation of the local currencies, as well as high inflation. In Panama, this isn’t the case. Panama uses the US Dollar, meaning that their currency is the strongest out of all the currencies used in Latin America and the Caribbean. They also have low inflation rates, paralleling the US to a degree, keeping investments safer, and less prone to devaluation.
- Location. While technology has made location less important than it used to be, you can’t undervalue the benefits of a strategic location. When you choose Panama for offshore investment, you are choosing to be in one of the most strategic locations for business in the western hemisphere. With the Panama Canal serving as a logistics focal point, plus a major airport hub and proximity to the US, Panama’s location is ideal for both short-term and long-term investors.
- Strong Banking Sector. After years of favorable laws for foreign investment, Panama has built a reputation as a premier international banking city. There are over 100 banks operating out of the small Central American nation, giving you lots of choices for who you want to manage your money, and facilitate your offshore investments. Panama’s banks have very favorable interest rates and opening a bank account as a foreign investor is much easier than in similar countries in the region.
- Great Real Estate Market. A good sign of economic stability and high future expectations is having a strong Real Estate market. In this category, Panama is soaring. There are more new business and residential properties being built in Panama than any of its neighbors, per capita. Plus, available properties are plentiful and make great investments. It also makes it a great place to buy or rent property to live, should you choose to relocate to Panama as part of your offshore investment strategy.
- Cost of Living; Cost of Labor. The cost of living in Panama is fairly low when compared to similar countries and North America. This makes for a strong consumer market, low personal overhead, and even lower business overhead. Labor costs are low, and favorable taxes means less red tape when trying to plan a new business or help grow an existing one. A low cost of living is also beneficial if you choose to relocate to Panama while you choose your offshore investment, or if you want to live in Panama permanently.
For more on how to find the best Panama offshore investment for you, contact us today. We can help you step-by-step through the processes you need for your specific situations, and help find the best solutions for your investment plans.