Creating a Nevis Offshore Company
Nevis is a small island located in the Eastern Caribbean about 1,300 miles southeast from Miami. It is part of the Federation of Nevis and St. Kitts. Nevis has its own laws regarding offshore entities.
The Benefits of Owning a Nevis Offshore Company are:
Taxes: There are no taxes on a Nevis legal entity on earnings outside of Nevis.
There are 3 Nevis legal entities available for offshore structures which foreigners can create:
1. Nevis Business Corporation
The Nevis Business Corporation is controlled by The Nevis Business Corporation Act of 1984 as amended.
The Benefits of a Nevis Business Corporation includes:
• No Corporate Tax
• No Public Records Disclosure of the beneficial owners, shareholders, and directors.
• Bearer Shares are Allowed, but must be stored in the Registered Office.
• Foreign Directors are Allowed.
• No Annual Return Filing
• A Company Secretary is required.
2. Nevis Limited Liability Company
The Nevis Limited Liability Company is controlled by The Nevis Limited Liability Company Act of 1995.
The Benefits of a Nevis Limited Liability Company includes:
• No Corporate Tax
• No Public Records Disclosure of the beneficial owners, members, and managers.
• Foreign Managers are Allowed.
• No Annual Return Filing Requirements
• One member is Allowed.
3. Nevis International Exempt Trust
The Nevis International Exempt Trust is controlled by The Nevis International Exempt Trust Act of 1994, as amended in September 2000.
The Benefits of a Nevis International Exempt Trust include:
• No Taxes on Earnings or Trust Assets
• The Settler (creator) and Beneficiary may be the same person and must be non-residents.
• At least one Trustee must be either a Trust Licensed Company or a Nevis Offshore Company.
• The Protector can be the same person as the Beneficiary and the Settler who may appoint or remove Trustees.
• The Filing and/or Registration only require the name of the Trust, the Trustee’s name, registered office address, and that the Trust is an International Trust.
Here are Some Asset Protection Benefits for a Nevis International Exempt Trust:
• Nevis recognizes the validity of the International Exempt Trust even though the Settler’s home country or place of residence may not recognize its validity.
• A Trust is not deemed fraudulent if created 2 years after the date when a creditor’s cause of action occurred.
• A creditor must prove with “clear and convincing” evidence of the debtor’s intent to defraud.
• The Statute of Queen Elizabeth I does not apply to an International Exempt Trust nor any assets transferred into the Trust. (This Statute deems transfers to a Trust null and void if the transfer is deemed with the intent to delay, hinder, or defraud creditors, including possible future creditors).
Our fee for creating a Nevis Offshore Company is $2,000 USD.
Contact Us to create a Nevis Offshore Entity.