POLS can assist passengers and crew members with a Panama Visa For Passengers And Crew Members Of Recreational Or Tourist Vessels.
Article 15 of the Decree Law provides that foreigners entering Panama through yachts or sailboats with the intent of pleasure or tourism will be able to request this Panama Visa For Passengers And Crew Members Of Recreational Or Tourist Vessels, for a term established by the General Direction of Merchant Marine of the Maritime Authority of Panama, whenever the applicant complies with the Panama visa requirements and responsibilities that are required by the Immigration Service.
When the yacht or sailboat is of a foreign flag and has navigation permissions for the term of three (3) months, the passengers and foreign crew members will be able to remain in Panama for an equal period. In case extra time is needed, the request will be evaluated.
When the yacht or sailboat bears a Panamanian flag and has navigation permissions for the term of one(1) year, the passengers and foreign crew members will be able to request the corresponding visa for a maximum time permitted by the General Direction of Merchant Marine, provided that they comply with the requirements required by the respective authorities.
The National Service of Immigration will create a registration of entrance and embarkations by Panamanian or foreign flags found in the yacht or marine clubs, so that they can function as responsible companies before the migratory authority, when they enter passengers and foreign crew. Said registration will contain:
1. Copies of the permission of navigation, offered by the General Direction of Merchant Marine; in the cases of tourism yachts should present original and copy of their license of tourism offered by the Panamanian Institute of Tourism and their permission of navigation;
2. Copies of the passport of the captain or ship owner;
3. Copies of the passports of the crew and list of passengers;
4. For crew members, they should present their marine license and their passport;
5. For passengers, they should deliver copy of their passport.
To request this visa the foreigner should comply with the formalities required in Article 28 of the Decree Law(excepting the numeral 2 and 4) and submit the following documents:
1. Application for Panama Visa For Passengers And Crew Members Of Recreational Or Tourist Vessels;
2. Three (3) photographs;
3. Copies of the ID documents from the country of origin or residence permit;
4. Payment for migratory service in the total amount of One Hundred dollars ($100) per person, in favor of the National Service of Immigration;
5. Copies of the electronic (or printed) ticket paid for full return, (if applicable);
6. Proof of contractual relation or rent with the yachts or marine clubs (if applicable);
7. Letter of responsibility from the employer, captain or owner of the ship.